June 11, 2012
“Directions: Your Roadmap to … Happiness” | Carol Bettino
AIRED: June 11, 2012– 11 am PST
TITLE: “Directions: The Roadmap to … Happiness”
SPECIAL GUEST: Carol Bettino
Carol Bettino shares with Allen, Dr. Melody and our listeners the premise for her book, “Your Roadmap to … Happiness” – outlining how obstacles can either be stepping stones or immovable boulders. It’s all a matter of how you perceive them.
Obstacles can give you insight to help you get where you want to go. Or, they can be the reason why you are not where you want to be. If you want to achieve a goal, follow a dream, pursue a career, become a success or be happy in life, learn how to overcome obstacles. When something slows you down, move ahead with caution, but don’t stop. If it is important to you, do not let anyone or anything stand in your way. So, why would you let something important slip away? Why would you stop pursuing something that was important to you? Remember, life is about choices. Even not making a choice to do something is a choice. Life is not always easy. You may want to do something, but things get in the way. As the saying goes, “life happens.” How do you perceive obstacles in your life? You either look at them as roadblocks or temporary detours, but in any case you need to choose to get back on the road. If you let them overwhelm you, they can stop you from continuing your journey. Do not allow obstacles to become the traps that can stop you.
Here are some common traps that can prevent you from your goals, dreams and your pursuit of happiness:
- Holding onto a bad past experience.
- Making excuses for your mistakes, and why you can’t do something.
- Holding onto irrational and debilitating fears. You also worry what other people think too much.
- Lacking commitment. You want something, but you are not willing to work hard or do what it takes to achieve it.
- Feeling scattered or lacking direction. You give up, instead of looking for options or asking for help.
- Believing that you can’t achieve your goal. Not believing in yourself.
- Giving others control of your life and allowing them to sabotage your happiness.
- Being rigid or believing that there is only one way to accomplish a goal.
Now is a good time for you to think of obstacles that prevent you from going where you want to go, doing what you want to do, or being who you want to be. Make a promise to yourself to use any obstacles that are in your way as stepping stones to reach your goal.
ABOUT CAROL BETTINO
Carol Bettino is a Licensed Professional Counselor with a private practice in Prescott Valley, Arizona.
Carol has worked as a psychotherapist for over 20 years. She has authored two books: “Better Choices, Better Life” and “Directions Your Roadmap to Happiness©.” She has also hosted two radio talk shows at KFNX 1100AM in Phoenix and KQNA 1130AM in Prescott. Carol is an active public speaker and has conducted numerous workshops on various issues in the mental health field in the Phoenix and Prescott area. She teaches part-time at Yavapai Community College.
To Contact Carol Bettino Phone: 928-772-4185